Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Roadwork Thoughts

While jogging around Pacific Mall this morning, I was having random thoughts, so as to take my mind off my tiring body..


***

1.) A lot of [rich] people wonder why German Shepards die of heat stroke. Duh. Those dogs evolved in cold European climate, and their dogs are in the Philippines, what do they expect?

2.) I envy boxers' discipline. They wake up at around 4, and run and run and run. If you take that time studying something, what would your grades be?

3.) Another reason I envy them is that it's hard enough to jog, and its damn harder if your ribs ache like what mine did earlier. Your stamina would be HALVED. Imagine having to spar today, suffering from body blows or even strained muscles in your torso, then run tomorrow morning. It's hell.

4.) I wish I ate banana before doing my roadwork.

5.) Muscles are like toffee, you warm them up a little, then stretch. They're brittle if you stretch without warming up.

6.) Most old people here at this time make jogging look like a joke, theirs is jittery. Unlike one gray-haired jogger I saw who looks like he's a regular marathon runner, muscles firmer than mine, even the glutes. Haha.

7.) I will not be like these old people, who, because they are compelled by their doctor, family, or rheumatoid arthritis, exercise in their life too late.

8.) This wind is annoying, I can't feel my sweat because its evaporating too fast.

9.) So is this throat.

10.) And that doberman who shamelessly defecated in front of me, unmolested.

11.) Why are there people who bike around here, a place for jogging?

12.) I'll bring my jacket tomorrow as a warmer.

13.) Arvin is a no-show.

14.) Practicing boxing drills in front of a glass door brings people to stop--young people's mouth agape, busty women stop, religious people fall to their knees.

15.) I am really against weight control solely by reducing food intake. Having exercise is better, is pleasurable, since NO ONE would take pleasure in limiting their eating habits. You don't enjoy, become really healthy, and don't meet new friends because of just dieting.

16.) Speaking of diet, my ideal is a high protein, high fiber, high carbohydrate BUT low fat one.

17.) Stupid are those people who, in a trip to somewhere really far from their usual residences, say, something exotic, unusual and unfamiliar, look for fast food when they become hungry when really affordable and wonderful local cuisine is around.

18.) It's really hard limiting your drinks, especially when your peers have weekly ethanol-loving sprees.

19.) I'll have omelet later, with lots of peppers.

20.) I should get new running shoes. Mine's OK for the treadmill, but it won't work for shit on concrete or asphalt.

No comments: